[ic] Newbie GPG problem

Jason Underdown interchange-users@icdevgroup.org
Thu Oct 24 19:21:01 2002

I did what you said with one exception, instead of exporting to a public key
server, I just exported the public key to a file and then imported it onto
the interch user's keyring from that file.

But I'm still getting the same error:

bash-2.05a$ cat pgp.YBpxZdaJ.8762.err
gpg: Warning: using insecure memory!
gpg: %s: skipped: public key not found
gpg: [stdin]: encryption failed: public key not found

However, when I list the public keys on the interch user's keyring I get:

bash-2.05a$ gpg --list-keys
gpg: Warning: using insecure memory!
/usr/local/interchange/.gnupg/pubring.gpg
pub  1024D/93EB6248 2002-10-24 esioffers.com (secure order handling)
<esi@esioffers.com>
sub  1024g/D03C1500 2002-10-24

pub  1024D/A01F4FBB 2002-10-24 esioffers.com (secure order handling)
<esi@esioffers.com>
sub  1024g/7D4E308D 2002-10-24

pub  1024D/A0A6B7E0 2002-10-24 Jason Daniel Underdown (Web Programmer)
<jasonu@pmgmentors.com>
sub  1024g/EC242D8D 2002-10-24

The reason I have two keys with almost the exact same information, is that I
thought the interch user needed to have a key-pair, but now I realize that
it is just the email address to which I'm sending orders that must have a
keypair.  But as you can see from the key ID below, I'm using my public key
(Jason Underdown) to do the encryption, so having two keys with very similar
information shouldn't cause a problem.

In my catalogs/tutorial/products/variable.txt I have the following line:
PGP_KEY A0A6B7E0        Encryption

I don't have any other PGP/GPG related entries in either interchange.cfg or
catalog.cfg.  Should I have an entries in either of these files?

Still confused,
-Jason