[ic] Where to find Bank of America in IC

TGroup interchange-users@icdevgroup.org
Fri Oct 25 13:40:01 2002

TGroup writes:

> Hello list members.  I'm trying to configure IC 4.8.6 for use with Bank of
> America's "Settle Up" payment option.  I found this under "Old News" at
the
> Redhat Interchange site
> (http://interchange.redhat.com/cgi-bin/ic/developer_news.html), but I
can't
> find Bank of America anywhere in 4.8.6.  Was it dropped?
> QUOTE FROM REDHAT'S SITE:
> 2002-04-30
> Interchange 4.8.4 released
> Interchange 4.8.4 has been released! You can download it now. This release
> includes many improvements. Some of the more important are:
> Updated Bank of America, Skipjack, iTransact, and AuthorizeNet payment
> modules

Vend/Payment/BoA.pm

Ciao
    Racke

Thanks Ciao,
I appreciate the short, direct, to the point response.  Here's where that
took me in the docs:
Sorry, no matches for BoA.pm.
------------------
Interchange Mail list search for BoApm
Sort by relevance Sort by date
Score Name Date Size
No matches
------------------
Google:
Your search - BoA.pm - did not match any documents.
------------------
Interchange Mail list search for Vend
Sort by relevance Sort by date
Score Name Date Size
1000 [ic] Vend::Payment.pm and Vend::Payment::BoA.pm  2002-04-03 07:53:02
EST  2028

Mark Walther interchange-users@interchange.redhat.com
Tue Apr 2 18:33:01 2002 Mark Walther
interchange-users@interchange.redhat.com
Tue Apr 2 18:33:01 2002
The following information is based on Interchange 4.8.4 and Foundation
catalog with the tool demo loaded.  I am trying to understand the credit
card payment system and how it functions.
In the BoA.pm and the other gateway modules it states that the line
"Require module Vend::Payment::BoA" be placed in the interchange.cfg
file and the line "Variable MV_PAYMENT_MODE boa" has to be placed in the
catalog.cfg file.
My questions:
1) Why does the credit card test purchases work and where are the
variables and gateway being set?  I do not see a line for any gateway
being defined in interchange.cfg file, nor do I find the "Variable
MV_PAYMENT_MODE" in the Catalog.cfg file.
2) If I want to change to some other gateway do I need to add to the
Catalog.cfg file the following type of code "Route itransact id
"__ITRANSACT_ID__"" for the new gateway?
3) Why is there no Route code for BoA in the Catalog.cfg file?
4) Is there some method in the Admin program for changing the Gateway
other than the one time use of the wizard when setting up the catalog,
like editing a database table etc.?
Thank you for your help.
Mark
-------------------
Greg Goble interchange-users@interchange.redhat.com
Tue Apr 2 18:55:01 2002
Mark,
Look in your catalog_name/etc/profiles.order
This might give you some idea and hopefully
some answers to your questions.
-Greg

<!-- NOT IF YOUR IC IS HOSTED BY SOMEONE ELSE USING CPANEL -->
--------------------
Tue Apr 2 23:45:59 2002
Quoting Mark Walther (waltron@earthlink.net):

I can answer this:
> 3) Why is there no Route code for BoA in the Catalog.cfg file?

The module was added at 4.8.3; it was developed for a customer who gave
us permission to release it. It was tested with their catalog.

We won't make changes to foundation unless we test them, and
since it was not tested with the foundation template it was
not added.

<!-- SO IT'S NOT IN THE FOUNDATION? -- MARK WAS USING 4.8.4-->
Well, thanks anyway.  I'll call Bank of America.  Maybe they have someone
there who knows the answer.  : -)

TGroup