[ic] Can I mark an SQL table as "shared" from inside a UserTag?

Fri Oct 25 15:40:11 2002

Quoting Stefan Hornburg (Racke) (racke@linuxia.de):
> On Fri, 25 Oct 2002 11:08:46 -0400
> Randy Moore <ramoore@axion-it.net> wrote:
>
> > Hi all,
> >
> > I've written a Usertag that uses DBI calls to run an sql query (thanks to
> > posts on the list showing how this can be done).  This usertag works fine
> > as long as I make sure the table I'm querying has been "shared" by adding
> > "[mvasp tables="mytable"][/mvasp]" to the top each page where I'm going to
> > use my new tag.
> >
> > Is there any code I can put in my Usertag that will make the table shared
> > so that I don't have to add this extra 'mvasp' tag everywhere?
>
> As long as it is catalog-level usertag you need to make the table shared
> with [mvasp] or [perl]. That's in fact annoying.

Perhaps you should put in an AutoShare directive, Stefan. 8-)

If you are not using Autoload for anything else, you can always
do:

	Autoload   [perl tables=foo][/perl]

--
Mike Heins