[ic] Where to find Bank of America in IC - no two catalog defaults alike? ==>Mike Heins

Jeff Dafoe interchange-users@icdevgroup.org
Fri Oct 25 17:31:01 2002

> Let's put on a play, Mike.  You play Bill Clinton and someone at CPanel
can
> play George Bush.   Act I:  Pass the Buck.   Act II:  Pass the Buck
Act
> III:  Blame it on Usama bin Laden

    I think the issue is actually with CPanel.  It really isn't possible to
configure interchange in anything other than the most primitive
configuration by using cpanel.  Whoever had the idea to put it in cpanel,
which is probably the cpanel people, should rethink it.  It really needs a
server on which you have shell access.  A server on which you have root
access is better still.  The illusion of inclusion of an ecommerce package
probably helps cpanel sell licenses to hosting providers.  Then guys like
you are stuck trying to configure interchange from cpanel when it really
isn't possible for you to and people like us are stuck because we can't help
you.
    I'd like to see the CPanel people try to configure IC on a CPanel
equipped host.

Jeff