[ic] IE5.5 bug using DHTML product_flyout

ACforSale Inc interchange-users@icdevgroup.org
Sun Oct 27 10:44:01 2002

Luc Knaven wrote
Hello,

I use the product_flyout and the product_tree templates (IC version:
4.9.x) to create a 3 level (dhtml) menu and it works great !

There is only one problem. When I open the menu in Internet Explorer
5.5. and I scroll down (at a large page) and up (all with the wheel of
my mouse) the fly-outs of the menu are not shown at the right level, but
somewhere else on the page, so I can't click on the submenu's. In
Netscape 6 or 7 I have no problems.

Is there anyone who can tell me how to solve this problem ?

Luc Knaven

REPLY

You are going to have more trouble with using DHTML than this. I don't
know who your target customers are, but at present from averages from my
server logs suggest that less than 50% of users to my sites (not all are
IE) have browsers capable of correctly displaying or even displaying
DHTML.

Also there are around 10% that can't use java script (this I live with)

Sorry it's not an answer to your problem but it may help your help desk
if customers call to say the site's not working.

Gerry