[ic] Migrating a site to another server/DB

Richard Watson interchange-users@icdevgroup.org
Mon Oct 28 12:11:00 2002

I'm migrating a catalog to an interchange running on more powerful
hardware. At the same time I want to change it to use mysql rather
than the default dbm.

I discovered that if I create a catalog on the new server and then
copy over files like products.txt from the old server the site gets
created in mysql when interchange is restarted, so at the moment I'm
just doing it piecemeal until I get a working site, but I feel there
must be a better way.

Has anyone written a howto on migration between servers and/or DB or
have any particular advice?

Thanks,
--
Richard Watson