[ic] Tags inside tags

Mon Oct 28 13:04:00 2002

Quoting Kevin Walsh (kevin@cursor.biz):

> > Is there any way to do something like this:
> >      [item-field [scratch var]]
> > where var holds the name of the field wanted.
> >
> Due to the "looping tag" parsing order and other syntax-related rules,
> you cannot use [item-field] in this way.  Try the following instead:
>
>     [data table="products" column="[scratch var]" key="[item-code]"]
>
> Of course, this will use the "products" table, or whatever you specify,
> instead of following the rules documented for the [PREFIX-field] tag.

If you want the field thing, you can do:

     [field column="[scratch var]" key="[item-code]"]

That won't work if you have multiple tables with shadowed codes and
are in an [item-list], because it has no context info. But you can do:

    [data table="[item-modifier mv_ib]" col="[scratch var]" key="[item-code]"]

if you want that. Note that the above is only for a shopping cart list,
and not for a [search-list], which will not have mv_ib anywhere.

--
Mike Heins
phone +1.513.523.7621      <mike@perusion.com>

Fast, reliable, cheap.  Pick two and we'll talk.  -- unknown