[ic] Latest IC not honoring mv_all_chars (ac=1)

Luc Knaven interchange-users@icdevgroup.org
Mon Oct 28 14:56:01 2002

IC version: 4.9.3-200210280658

It seems that the latest Interchange version doesn't like 'special'
characters in a search.

Let me explain:
The comb_category field in the products table contains values like:

centrifuges:algemene centrifuges, gekoeld:4 x 0,5 - 100 ml. (max. 400ml.
totaal)
centrifuges:algemene centrifuges, gekoeld:> 4000 ml. Totaal
dispergeerapparatuur:volume 0,5 - 2000 ml.
schudders/ mengers:horizontaal

etc...

The following search does NOT return anything:

[loop search=|
   fi=products
   st=db
   ac=1
   bs=1
   tf=comb_category,description
   sf=comb_category
   se=centrifuges:algemene centrifuges gekoeld:4 x 0 - 100 ml. (max. 400ml.
totaal)
   rf=*
   |]
[loop-param sku] == [loop-param description] == [loop-param
comb_category]<br>
[/loop]

Where this search returns the appropriate results:

[loop search=|
   fi=products
   st=db
   ac=1
   bs=1
   tf=comb_category,description
   sf=comb_category
   se=centrifuges:algemene centrifuges gekoeld:4 x 0
   rf=*
   |]
[loop-param sku] == [loop-param description] == [loop-param
comb_category]<br>
[/loop]

Note the searchspec. As soon as I add the dash ( '-' ) in the searchspec,
NO results are found.
I guess that IC does not honor the ac=1.

Has anyone experienced similar behavior?
All searches not containing 'special' characters like: - , < > / etc. are
okay.

Is this a bug or is there anything I might have missed?
Any ideas?  I appreciate your help.

Luc Knaven