[ic] is-secure tag

Mon Oct 28 21:23:01 2002

Quoting Grant (listbox@email.com):

> >Which HTTP server are you using?  I've only ever used that UserTag
> >with Apache 1.3.x.  I assumed it would work with other servers.
> >

> I'm running Apache 1.3.26.
>
> >Try creating this:
> >
> >    UserTag show_secure Routine <<EOR
> >    sub {
> >        $CGI::secure;
> >    }
> >    EOR
> >
> >Put that UserTag on a secure and an ordinary page and see what's
> >returned in both cases and then change your is_secure tag to match.
>
> I put the above code in a file called show_secure.tag in the ic/usertag
> directory, restarted IC, and [show_secure] returns nothing (blank) on both
> secure and non-secure pages.  What's that all about?

Use your ingenuity:

UserTag show_secure Routine <<EOR
sub {
    if($CGI::secure) {
	return "Secure was set, value '$CGI::secure'";
    }
    else {
	my $dump = $Tag->dump();
	return qq{\$CGI::secure was not set, value '$CGI::secure'.
Environment was:
    $dump};
    }
}
EOR

See what the value of the variable actually is!!

Also, if your HTTPS server is set up wrong and doesn't set up
HTTPS_ON as it is supposed to, this tag won't work.

--
Mike Heins
phone +1.513.523.7621      <mike@perusion.com>

Nature, to be commanded, must be obeyed. -- Francis Bacon