[ic] 500 error on design link

Brian Kosick interchange-users@icdevgroup.org
Tue Oct 29 13:10:01 2002

Richard Watson wrote:

>"Kevin Walsh" <kevin@cursor.biz> writes:
>

>>Hmmm, that's two reports of what appears to be the same problem, from
>>two different people, on the same day.
>>

>Make that 3 - but I've had this problem intermittently for a few
>weeks. It seems to sort out if you remove the .gdbm files and restart
>interchange. At the moment I'm putting it down to too many open files
>for the server, but I might well be wrong there. I've tried increasing
>/proc/sys/fs/file-max so we'll see if that helps.
>
>Certainly it's not a problem for all the catalogs, only one in
>particular.
>
>In my logs I'm getting:
>
>213.208.86.139 ss57s46r:213.208.86.139 - [29/October/2002:15:58:00
>           +0100] cat1 /cgi-bin/ic/cat1/admin/layout.html Died
>           in server spawn: Could not tie to
>           '/var/lib/interchange/catalogs/cat1/products/area.gdbm':
>           Resource temporarily unavailable at
>           /usr/lib/interchange/Vend/Table/GDBM.pm line 115.
>

>>  2. Which version of Interchange are you using?
>>

>4.8.6 on Debian.
>

>>  3. Which version of Perl are you using?
>>

>5.6.1
>

>>  4. Has this just started happening, or did it never work for you?
>>     If it's a new problem, then what has changed recently?
>>

>Recently, and only in this one machine which hasn't been running IC
>for that long. Fortunately it's just our test server.
>

>>  5. Can you re-create the problem on the "live demo" and/or provide a
>>     step-by-step list of what to do for others to follow in order to
>>     recreate the problem.
>>

>No I can't recreate the problem, but over time it will happen again.

Funny, I've noticed this too with the area.gdbm  restarting the server
fixes it for me.  this is on a 4SMP, redhat7.3, perl5.6.x, 1GB RAM.
Doesn't occur on all of our IC installations either....

I'm am running, at home, redhat 8.0, interchange 4.8.6, and apache 2.x
and have expereinced no problems.....