[ic] Profiles for checking without ordering

paul jordan interchange-users@icdevgroup.org
Tue Oct 29 13:36:01 2002

> paul jordan wrote:
>
> >>Hi - i realise this is a bit of a stupid question but i'm having real
> >>hassle. can somebody post a simple example of using mv_order_profile to
> >>ensure that fields are filled out correctly in a page when that page has
> >>nothing to do with the order process?
> >>
> >>I've been playing about but haven't had any success and the error logs
> >>are showing nothing. i have a profile created properly, i have mv_todo
> >>set to return and have mv_order_profile set to the name of the profile.
> >>i have restarted interchange. what else do i need to do?
> >>
> >John
> >
> >Look in etc/profiles.order  under ->   account_change
> >
> >"profiles.order" is just a name of the files, they don't have to
> be involved
> >with orders.
> >
> >Paul
> >

> Yeah i found that and used it as my template. Actually, come to think of
> it the only change i made was the name. I think it must be an error with
> my form?
>
> thanks
>
> John

John, the page that handles the above profile is account.txt, look at its
form.

AS for your latest email. I have never seen what you are doing the way you
are doing... that doesn't mean it can't be done. I don't believe you can
write to userdb like that.

Are you trying to write this to userdb??  You may need to use it in
conjunction with a [tag flag write] but I don't know is that is safe... I
recommend looking into [userdb] tag if that is what you are dealing with.

Paul