[ic] Subscription service for electronic documentation.

Tue Oct 29 14:44:01 2002

Quoting Josef Karthauser (joe@tao.org.uk):
> Hi everyone,
>
> I'm looking at interchange as a basis for a site for selling access to
> electronic documents.  I've played with the "soft goods" demo and it
> looks sweet, but doesn't quite do what I need it to yet and I was
> wondering how to go ahead customising it.
>
> What I want to do is to sell access to PDF files on a time-out basis,
> i.e. the customer pays some dollar rate and can then access a file for
> download for up to 24 hours.  After that they lose access to the data.
> We would then want to also sell a subscription, which would allow them
> to have access to a group of files for a time period.
>
> I'd really appreciate any clues as to how to go about this.  Is it
> possible?

Investigate the userdb acl stuff.

	[userdb function=set_file_acl location=SKU0001.pdf mode="expires 24 hours"]

	[tmp check_acl][userdb function=check_file_acl location=SKU0001.pdf][/tmp]

	[if scratch check_acl]
		You can have that file.

	[else]
		Sorry, expired.
	[/else]
	[/if]

--
Mike Heins
phone +1.513.523.7621      <mike@perusion.com>

If you think nobody cares if you're alive, try missing a couple of
car payments.  -- Earl Wilson