[ic] Shipping Wizard, etc.

Robert Wall interchange-users@icdevgroup.org
Tue Oct 29 17:56:01 2002

> I'm running Interchange 4.8.6.  When I try to enter a Handling Charge in
> the shipping wizard, I get the following error message:
>
> failed pattern - '3.00' =~ ^\\d+(?:\\.\\d+)?\$

Never mind, I found and fixed my own problem :)

The solution I used was changing the line in step_fedex_ship.html (and the
UPS item, etc.) to include a different regex:

^\d+\.\d+$

This is pretty crude, but it gets the job done for now.

An issue that a customer just brought up to me, however:

I have a customer that sells electronics, and does "fixed shipping per
item".  For example, a satellite dish might cost a $15 flat fee to ship.
A VCR might cost $8.  Something else may be $25.

We can't build these directly into the item costs, for marketing reasons.
Is there anywhere in Interchange that we can set this up?  Alternatively,
is there a good workaround for this?  I've been through the Shipping
Wizard, and it doesn't seem to have any good answers for me.

Any help you could give would be greatly appreciated :)

-----
Robert Wall						(715) 855-0189
Systems Administrator                                   bob@web-walrus.com
Web Walrus Media

            "Affordable internet solutions for your business"