[ic] pass session to jsp?

Kevin Walsh interchange-users@icdevgroup.org
Wed Oct 30 02:11:02 2002

Dennis Chen [dchen@technicacorp.com]

> I must have the most posts without replies here but let me give it another
> try
> as this topic isn't covered in the mail list ;-)  There was something about
> mix
> and matching php with IC tags but not what I was looking for.
>
> I am trying to customize the admin section for a particular feature which
> will be too difficult for my limited perl skills so I am going to create a
> link to
> a jsp page to do this task for me.  I want to keep using the admin login
> security
> to secure the new jsp pages so am wondering what session variables are
> needed
> when I need to move back from the jsp page to the UI.
>
> some session variables that I can think off the top of my head...username,
> id,
> store id...there must be others which I don't know of.

It should be quite simple.  Make you pass the mv_session_id to your
external page and make sure that links from your external pages
include the mv_session_id when passing the user back to Interchange.
If the user has enabled cookies then you don't even have to do that;
The user will pass the MV_SESSION_ID cookie back to Interchange
automatically, upon their return.

Note that if your user doesn't call a page on your Interchange site
within the (SessionExpire) time you specified then the user will be
issued with a new session upon their return.

I really don't see the point.  Why not just create the functionality
you require using Interchange?  Although Perl skills will help, you
don't need to know Perl to create an Interchange page.  I imagine that
this is the reason for your apparently unanswered questions.