[ic] relatively easy way to double performance

Jeff Dafoe interchange-users@icdevgroup.org
Wed Oct 30 21:30:19 2002

> Yes.  Note that you can also do rf=* insetad of manually naming, and if
you
> add op=eq to the search params that helps too.  However, if you do change
> to PREFIX-param, make sure you modify all other searches on your site
> (advancedsearch.html, etc.) to include rf=*.

    The rf=* info was very helpful, I remember reading about it before but I
had forgotten.

    Between changing my searches to use text versus db and using rf and
param versus "magic lookup" on the results page I was able to drop my server
load, with 6 concurrent searches occurring, from .45 to zero.

Jeff