[ic] Profiles for checking without ordering

John Allman interchange-users@icdevgroup.org
Thu Oct 31 11:11:00 2002

paul jordan wrote:

>>>John
>>>
>>>Look in etc/profiles.order  under ->   account_change
>>>
>>>"profiles.order" is just a name of the files, they don't have to
>>>

>>be involved
>>

>>>with orders.
>>>
>>>Paul
>>>

>>Yeah i found that and used it as my template. Actually, come to think of
>>it the only change i made was the name. I think it must be an error with
>>my form?
>>
>>thanks
>>
>>John
>>

>John, the page that handles the above profile is account.txt, look at its
>form.
>
>AS for your latest email. I have never seen what you are doing the way you
>are doing... that doesn't mean it can't be done. I don't believe you can
>write to userdb like that.
>
>Are you trying to write this to userdb??  You may need to use it in
>conjunction with a [tag flag write] but I don't know is that is safe... I
>recommend looking into [userdb] tag if that is what you are dealing with.
>
>Paul

You know i take it back. The "construct something" demo does not work
fine. i just generated a shiny new demo store with makecat and restarted
interchange. i went to the account page and left out bits of information
that are required fields but it doesn't complain. Now i'm thinking i've
borked something . i'm using interchange 4.6.5.

this is exceedingly frustrating. the examples of verifiying form data
that work are in the order process. I'll try hacking one of them but i
know there was some reason i didn't want to do that...

one last cry for a simple functional example for me to hack?

going slightly mad here:(

John