[ic] Profiles for checking without ordering

paul jordan interchange-users@icdevgroup.org
Thu Oct 31 11:40:01 2002

[snip]
> >John, the page that handles the above profile is account.txt, look at its
> >form.
> >
> >AS for your latest email. I have never seen what you are doing
> the way you
> >are doing... that doesn't mean it can't be done. I don't believe you can
> >write to userdb like that.
> >
> >Are you trying to write this to userdb??  You may need to use it in
> >conjunction with a [tag flag write] but I don't know is that is safe... I
> >recommend looking into [userdb] tag if that is what you are dealing with.
> >
> >Paul
> >

> You know i take it back. The "construct something" demo does not work
> fine. i just generated a shiny new demo store with makecat and restarted
> interchange. i went to the account page and left out bits of information
> that are required fields but it doesn't complain. Now i'm thinking i've
> borked something . i'm using interchange 4.6.5.
>
> this is exceedingly frustrating. the examples of verifiying form data
> that work are in the order process. I'll try hacking one of them but i
> know there was some reason i didn't want to do that...
>
> one last cry for a simple functional example for me to hack?
>
> going slightly mad here:(
>
> John

John, this works for me.... it has nothing to do with an order, it just
verifies that fields are correct (to an extent), if a user decides to alter
their address info. Again, profiles.order does not neccessarily deal only
with the ordering process. account_change is a great axample.

<FORM ACTION="[process secure=1]" METHOD="POST" name="account">
<INPUT TYPE=hidden NAME=mv_session_id VALUE="[data session id]">

[if type=explicit compare="[error all=1 show_var=1 keep=1]"]
<P>
<b>There were errors in your last submission.</b>
They are shown in <FONT color="red">this color</FONT> below.</FONT>
<P>
[/if]

<INPUT TYPE=hidden NAME=mv_order_profile VALUE=account_change>
<INPUT TYPE=hidden NAME=mv_todo VALUE=return>
<INPUT TYPE=hidden NAME=mv_nextpage VALUE=@@MV_PAGE@@>
<INPUT TYPE=hidden NAME=mv_failpage VALUE=account>
<INPUT TYPE=HIDDEN NAME=mv_check VALUE="Save_database">

[set Save_database]
[userdb save]
[/set]

[button text="Save" src="__BUTTON_DIR__/saveindex.gif" hidetext=1
form="account"]
mv_todo=submit
mv_nextpage=profile
[/button]

</form>

In etc/profiles.order........

__NAME__                            account_change
fname=required
lname=required
address1=required
city=required