[ic] Bilingual components -> How do I set [LC] ?!

Thu Oct 31 12:58:00 2002

Quoting Stephane Gosselin (stef@hy.cgocable.ca):

> Hey. I'm learning the ropes of Interchange,I 3 yrs PHP background, 6 months
> PERL is not too much baggage ( barely enough!) to tackle thos best head-on.
> I find this product -> awesome.
>
> I have learned quite a bit in the past month going through the cart section
> available to me from my C-paneled based host.
> But wow. I am still amazed from what I learn of it everyday. Often, as
> pointed out before in previous postings simple thing become COMPLICATED.
>
> My stumbling block today was making the [LC] tag or some variant that makes
> the language local switch.
> Specifically for the Advanced search link , just as on the foundation demo
> index page.
>
> Seems [LC] tags aren t parsed, but the component obviously contain a bunch
> of OTHER tags. :) .

If the component is being included with [include ..], you can
add locale=1 to get [LC] to work. If you are using 4.9 latest,
it should just work, as [component ..] does automatic translation
I think.

Otherwise, you can translate it with [loc]Advanced search[/loc].

--
Mike Heins
phone +1.513.523.7621      <mike@perusion.com>

Being against torture ought to be sort of a bipartisan thing.
-- Karl Lehenbauer