[ic] Re: PREFIX-change question

interchange-users@icdevgroup.org interchange-users@icdevgroup.org
Mon Sep 2 03:06:07 2002

Rene Hertell writes:

> Hi,
>
> I'm trying to figure out an effective way in creating a time-table for a
> sport-activity, but I don't know how I should do it without having to create
> too many queries on that page. It should be grouped + sorted by each city,
> and after that grouped + sorted by each sport-club active in that city.
>
> The table looks like this:
> code  city      sports_club  weekday   time  address etc..
> 1     Helsinki  club1        Monday    19.00 ...
> 2     Helsinki  club1        Wednesday 18.30 ...
> 3     Helsinki  club2        Tuesday   18.30 ...
> 4     Helsinki  club2        Friday    18.30 ...
> 5     Tampere   club3        Thursday  19.00
>
> The output should look something like this:
> City 1
>    Sports club A
>         Monday    19.00   address...
>         Wednesday 18.30   address...
>
>    Sports club B
>         Tuesday   18.30   address...
>         Friday    18.30   address...
> City 2
>    Sports club C
>         Thursday  19.00   address...
>
>    Sports club D
>         Monday    17.45   address...
> etc.
>
> These values are in one table, because the content is maintained with excel,
> and then imported into the db when there are any changes.
>
> I got one version somehow working with PREFIX-change, but when I created a
> nested PREFIX-change (described here
> http://icdevgroup.org/pipermail/interchange-users/2001-September/012871.html
> ), I got problems with sorting the output and empty values..

Grab the whole table from [perl] and produce the output from there
too. That would be the fastest solution and if you are well-versed
in Perl you wouldn't need to cope with ITL :-;

Ciao
     Racke

--
Prolific Interchange Consulting (Excellent German Quality !).
Take a look at Materialboerse (http://www.materialboerse.de/), WITT