[ic] Image listing widget with a different directory

interchange-users@icdevgroup.org interchange-users@icdevgroup.org
Mon Sep 2 09:01:06 2002

Quoting John Allman (allmanj@houseofireland.com):
> hi - i'm experiencing a problem i cant even identify, much less
> understand with the imagedir widget on the admin pages.
>
> i have a table called news which i am editing and wish to have a nice
> little image listing thingy with all the frills. i have a directory
> images/articles where i want all of the images for articles to be stored.
>
> i have discovered that if i cut and paste the contents of the meta edit
> page for images in my products table it works (ie the drop down box and
> so on appears, but it is looking in the wrong directory) but if i change
> images/items to images/articles and change all other references to items
> in the prepended and appended html to articles and press ok the image
> listing has been replaced with a textbox.

Hmm. I wonder what version you are using, since the "imagedir" widget
has not been configured into the demo for some time.

> i find no errors in my catalog or interchange error log files. i have
> looked in mv_metadata.asc and the update with articles is in there...
>
> i have searched the docs and archives for an answer on this but, as you
> can tell from this poorly worded mail, i really cant identify the
> problem and my searches have revealed nothing.

If it shows as a text box, I would try this:

        1. Create a totally new record in mv_metadata.

        2. Set the "type" field to "imagedir".

        3. Set the "outboard" field to "images/articles".

        4. Set the label, help, and/or help_url to what you want but
           don't touch any other fields.

I am guessing a random value in "options" or some other field is screwing
you up.

--
Mike Heins
phone +1.513.523.7621      <mike@perusion.com>

Fast, reliable, cheap.  Pick two and we'll talk.  -- unknown