[ic] Image listing widget with a different directory

John Allman interchange-users@icdevgroup.org
Mon Sep 2 10:52:01 2002

[snip]
> Hmm. I wonder what version you are using, since the "imagedir" widget
> has not been configured into the demo for some time.

[/snip]
i'm using 4.6.5

[snip]
> If it shows as a text box, I would try this:
>
>         1. Create a totally new record in mv_metadata.
>
>         2. Set the "type" field to "imagedir".
>
>         3. Set the "outboard" field to "images/articles".
>
>         4. Set the label, help, and/or help_url to what you want but
>            don't touch any other fields.
>
> I am guessing a random value in "options" or some other field is screwing
> you up.

[/snip]

i gave that a shot. i deleted the entry in mv_metadata. then i went back
  into the editor, clicked meta and added images/articles in the
directory field (which corresponds to the outboard field i believe) and
set the type to widget.

still see a textbox.

interestingly if i set it to images/thumb or images/navigation or even
images it seems to work fine. (except being the wrong directory). it
just seems to have taken a disliking to articles

i've checked the permissions of the articles directory and they are the
same as any other. i even populated it with images to see if that would
do the trick but still no luck.

this is really bizarre and frustrating!

John