[ic] Image listing widget with a different directory

interchange-users@icdevgroup.org interchange-users@icdevgroup.org
Mon Sep 2 12:25:02 2002

Quoting John Allman (allmanj@houseofireland.com):
> [snip]
> > Hmm. I wonder what version you are using, since the "imagedir" widget
> > has not been configured into the demo for some time.
> >
> [/snip]
> i'm using 4.6.5
>
> [snip]
> > If it shows as a text box, I would try this:
> >
> >         1. Create a totally new record in mv_metadata.
> >
> >         2. Set the "type" field to "imagedir".
> >
> >         3. Set the "outboard" field to "images/articles".
> >
> >         4. Set the label, help, and/or help_url to what you want but
> >            don't touch any other fields.
> >
> > I am guessing a random value in "options" or some other field is screwing
> > you up.
> >
> [/snip]
>
> i gave that a shot. i deleted the entry in mv_metadata. then i went back
>   into the editor, clicked meta and added images/articles in the
> directory field (which corresponds to the outboard field i believe) and
> set the type to widget.

Maybe you misunderstood me. DON'T click meta. Just edit the record
in the table_editor, or by hand with eg/te or your favorite editor.

--
Mike Heins
phone +1.513.523.7621      <mike@perusion.com>

How far can you open your mind before your brains fall out?