[ic] Please Help! How can I change "Sales Tax" to read "VAT" in email receipt & screen receipt?

interchange-users@icdevgroup.org interchange-users@icdevgroup.org
Mon Sep 2 15:47:01 2002

Quoting mike@perusion.com (mike@perusion.com):
> Quoting Nick Maguire (nick.maguire@ntlworld.com):
> > Is there an easy way to do this? I have searched the faq & mail list and
> > can't find an answer.
> >
> > I cant see a reference to it in variable.txt, catalog.cfg etc
> >
> > I am UK based, sell only to the uk and want both email and html screen
> > receipts to read "VAT" (for cosmetic reasons only).
> >

> Interchange operates with files and databases. All of its content is in
> a file or a database. It has special files that should not be accessible
> to a use directly, like the receipt and such.
>
> Did you use the search feature in admin file transfer and search for
> "Sales Tax"? Or just using grep or some other utility that allows you to
> find strings in files?
>
> If you cannot use grep or its conceptual equivalent, it is questionable
> whether you should be operating a computer other than as a user. Or so
> it seems to me, anyway.

Sorry for this last comment. I guess I have been doing this so long
it is second nature to me....I forget I had to learn that once too.

--
Mike Heins
phone +1.513.523.7621      <mike@perusion.com>

Friends don't let friends use Outlook. -- Bob Blaylock