[ic] Re: malformed header from script. Bad header IC4.8.3

Kevin Walsh interchange-users@icdevgroup.org
Wed Sep 4 00:12:02 2002

> > > any comment? Is someone here able to order more than 1000 items?
> > >
> > Who would order so many items ? That takes probably hours.
> >
> In my case, it takes ca. 3 minutes to finish the order and it takes ca.
> 55 seconds to load the recurring orders and to display all the items in
> my basket.
>
> I know, it is too much! But i need arguments to limit the OrderLines to
> 200 or 400. I've a "naive" customer. He can't see or recognize the big
> difference between Internet and his software in his computer.

The only thing that I can think of is the "PIDcheck" directive in your
interchange.cfg file.  Does your error.log file contain entries such
as "hammered PID 1234 running 120 seconds"?

If a page requires a lot of processing then the "PIDcheck" time may
be exceeded.  If this happens then Interchange will kill what it
considers to be a "hung" process.  This will cause the connection
with Apache to close, resulting in weird errors, such as the "malformed
header from script" message you saw.

If you're getting "hammered PID" messages, and can relate them to the
unfeasibly large order tests your customer runs, then you could try
increasing the PIDcheck value