[ic] address book: delete & expand fields

Andrei Gologan interchange-users@icdevgroup.org
Wed Sep 4 08:21:02 2002

Thank you for your answer ..

> On Tuesday 03 September 2002 16:44, you wrote:
> > 2 questions about the address book:
> >
> > 1. How can I add more fields to the ones allready there, i need a
company_2
> > and a phone_night to be in the address book.
>
> Note that the address book (table userdb) already contains a
> phone_night column.

with adress book i mean the column address_book inside the userdb table. How
to expand the userdb table by itself i know how. But I need to expand the
column address_book inside the table. The column holds following fields
(taken form interchange database documentation):

s_nickname
  name
  fname
  lname
  address
  address1
  address2
  address3
  city
  state
  zip
  country
  phone_day
  mv_shipmode

and here I need the extra fields ...

Where should I look, where can I do it ?

> > 2. How can I delete adresses from the address book. Using mysql I dont
know
> > how since it is no table but a filed in a table column.
>
> Not really an interchange question, but an SQL question; probably you can
> do what you want by clearing the address column,
>
> update userdb set column='' where code=' (user ID)  '
>
> If you want to drop the entire column from the table use
>
> drop column column_name

I actually need to drop existing shipping addresse from inside the BLOB type
column address_book inside the table userdb. Here is my latest code I try to
do it with:

<FORM action="[process-target]" method="POST">
[userdb function=get_shipping_names]
<SELECT name="s_nickname">[loop arg="[value address_book]"]
<OPTION>[loop-code] [/loop]
</SELECT>
<INPUT type="submit" name="mv_check" value="Delete">
</FORM>

[set Delete]
mv_todo=return
mv_nextpage=ord/checkout
[userdb function=delete_shipping nickname="[value s_nickname]"]
[/set]

But it does not do anything .....

any help ??

Andrei