[ic] XLS import failure - 255 character limit issue.

Reid Sutherland interchange-users@icdevgroup.org
Wed Sep 4 11:39:01 2002

Hi,

I've having an issue where I'm trying to import an Excel 97+ spreadsheet
  into IC.  The problem is that IC takes a violent fit when the
description/comment field is over 255 characters.  It will start to push
MySQL errors.  Now I'm from me looking at the
UI/usertags/import_fields.tag, I don't see anything that would cause any
fields to be truncated/filled with upper ASCII chars by IC.  But then
again the code is very well written, making it painful for me to read :)

Now I've tested my install of Spreadsheet::ParseExcel and it reads the
long descriptions fine.  I'm not sure what else I can do to aid in this
matter.

Any ideas?

-reid