[ic] special item shipping fee ?

interchange-users@icdevgroup.org interchange-users@icdevgroup.org
Wed Sep 4 12:04:02 2002

Quoting Jim Toro (jimtoro@hoflink.com):

> I have a customer who wants a flat fee for shipping, regardless of
> quantity except for one SKU that he wants to apply a flat 8.00 additonal
> fee for shipping. Is there a neat, clean way to associate a additional fee
> with a SKU in some database or does anyone know if a snip of perl to calc
> it in the cart/checkout ???
>
> The flat fee per order was easy but I dont know of a way to assign an
> extra fee to a sku or check for it and modify shipping at the point of
> checkout.

The quick-and-dirty way is with a usertag in catalog.cfg:

UserTag my-shipping Order flat
UserTag my-shipping Routine <<EOR
sub {
	my $flat = shift;
	for my $item (@$Items) {
		next unless $item->{code} eq 'the_code';
		$flat += 8;
		last;
	}
	return $flat;
}
EOR

then in shipping.asc:

flat|Flat Shipping (except for sku=the_code)|1|0|999999|f [my-shipping flat="5.00"]

(Change | to TAB above)

You can get more cute with DB lookups for the item and any extra
charge, of course, with AutoModifier or other methods.

--
Mike Heins
phone +1.513.523.7621      <mike@perusion.com>

How far can you open your mind before your brains fall out?