[ic] special item shipping fee ?

Barry Treahy, Jr. interchange-users@icdevgroup.org
Wed Sep 4 13:00:02 2002

Jim Toro wrote:

>I have a customer who wants a flat fee for shipping, regardless of
>quantity except for one SKU that he wants to apply a flat 8.00 additonal
>fee for shipping. Is there a neat, clean way to associate a additional fee
>with a SKU in some database or does anyone know if a snip of perl to calc
>it in the cart/checkout ???
>
>The flat fee per order was easy but I dont know of a way to assign an
>extra fee to a sku or check for it and modify shipping at the point of
>checkout.

Yes, in the shipping.asc file you would use a piece of Perl code to scan
your cart and if that SKU is detected, then add the additional costs to
the base shipping rate...

Barry

--

Barry Treahy, Jr  *  Midwest Microwave  *  Vice President & CIO

E-mail: Treahy@mmaz.com * Phone: 480/314-1320 * FAX: 480/661-7028