[ic] FedEx Shipping Rates

interchange-users@icdevgroup.org interchange-users@icdevgroup.org
Wed Sep 4 13:23:02 2002

Quoting Mathew Jones (mat@booksellersolutions.com):

> > Having studied the fedex-query.tag file in 4.8.2/usertag/ and testing
> > the link to fedex http://grd.fedex.com/cgi-bin/rrr2010.exe it appears
> > that this link is no longer valid, and FedEx has changed the way to do
> > lookups on their website. Just wondering if anyone has rewritten the
> > fedex-query tag so it works? Or if anyone has a usertag which works with
> > the Business::Fedex module?
> >

> After contacting fedex about this  dissapearing "rrr2010.exe" link I
> received the following reply.
>
> ----------
> The people that wrote Interchange wrote the module to get FedEx rates
> without our knowledge.  The module got the rates in an unsupported way,
> and we never knew that anyone was using this rrr2010.exe file.
>
> Interchange has been made aware of the correct way to get rates from our
> server, and there should be an update available very soon.
> ----------
>
> Did the team at interchange receive any Information from FedEx regarding
>   the "correct" way to get rates? Are there plans to fix the fedex
> shipping? If so, how long before the fix is released?

Wait just a minute. We didn't write the module, we took one contributed
by a user and put it out with their blessing since it was not in CPAN.
It seems to work for quite a few people, but there is certainly no
regression testing going on with it.

If you are running Interchange 4.8.2 with four versions released since
then, and are bringing this to the list, I don't know what to say. As
far as I know, July 27th a change was made in the URL and the updated
software was released. I don't think anyone really wants to hear any
questions about IC 4.8.2 and this issue.

--
Mike Heins
phone +1.513.523.7621      <mike@perusion.com>

-- Wernher Von Braun