[ic] Shipping Address - Can Nickname be blank?

Interchange User interchange-users@icdevgroup.org
Wed Sep 4 15:46:02 2002

Code I used for saving a new nickname to a new shipping address:

[userdb function=set_shipping shipping="s_nickname address1
address2 city state country zip"]

I've also tried this method:

[userdb function=set_shipping nickname="[cgi s_nickname]"
shipping="s_nickname address1 address2 city state country zip"]

>From all my testings, it seems that the first field listed under
"shipping=" (ie, in this case, s_nickname) will always take a
non-blank value.  If I do this:

[value name="s_nickname" set='1 2 3' hide=1]

only "1" will be reflected as the new nickname.

Why is that so?  Is there a way I can save a nickname containing
blanks?  We can save nicknames with blanks when used with
[table-editor] but I'm not using that in my program, I've totally
revamped and written my own codes (much like an ordinary form), and
found that I can't include blanks.

Any pointers will be greatly appreciated!