[ic] Finally Launched my Interchange Site.

Info@daBoy.com interchange-users@icdevgroup.org
Wed Sep 4 17:04:01 2002

>Date: Wed, 04 Sep 2002 10:56:40 -0400
>From: wvaughan <wvaughan@steelerubber.com>
>To: interchange-users@icdevgroup.org
>Subject: Re: [ic] Finally Launched my Interchange Site.

>Earlier in the morning I wrote:
>>> I hate to be harsh, but it's going to take more than putting up a
website.
>>> Do you travel every weekend to fleamarkets selling these items for
those
>>> who only purchase items when they can touch them first?
>
>Then jeff@badtz-maru.com wrote:
>> All the guy said is that he launched his web site.
>> He didn't post his marketing plan.

Thank you.

>It just hit me that is the next thing he needs to work on, and it was
>glaringly obvious from the 100+ other websites that had that same
identical
>product for as low as $13 vs. his $19.95 that he needs to next work on
the
>reason for even building a website that uses interchange.
>
>But you're right, that's not the feedback he was looking for.

You are right it is not the feedback I was looking for.  I was looking
for more technical feedback.  This is just a part time business for me.
Our main goal for the site is to allow people to see a sample of the
products we have. BTW-=> The site only list 400 of the 3000 products we
sell.  At this point www.daboy.com is a sideline business for me as I
already have a full time job.  Thank you for the Advice, I am meeting
with a marketing person next week.  The prices on my site are the
Suggested Retail provided by Supplier.  I mainly do Catalog sales and
point people to the web site for reference.

Darren