[ic] how to turn off session id use only cookies

Philip S. Hempel interchange-users@icdevgroup.org
Wed Sep 4 19:45:02 2002

Is there some way to completely turn of sessions and only
use cookies? By the way mv_no_session_id = 1
seems to not work. This and the other two settings are all set
to 1

I have a small problem related  to search engins and my
sight. When search engins come by they spend
all there time running through my sight on like three
links and go nowhere else since they seem to get the different
session id
It seems to me that lycos and a few others have this
problem

If you want to see what I mean got to

http://www.lycos.com/default.asp?lpv=1&loc=searchhp&query=blossomland+supply

You will see almost 50 pages from
my about us page.
This seems to not allow the search engins
to actually hit any real parts of my
site due to time outs of the crawl.

This seems to affect our abilites for proper listings
on many search engines.

I hope someone could come up with something.

I have tried the mod rewrite (to mask the
?) as well and it seems to mess up a few of
the advanced queries on the site.

Thanks.

--
	    Philip S. Hempel