[ic] sorting with tf, multiple databases

interchange-users@icdevgroup.org interchange-users@icdevgroup.org
Wed Sep 4 23:06:21 2002

Quoting NOW Website Coordinator (webperson@now.org):
> This search works in that the results are correctly sorted
>
> fi=products
> sf=issue
> se=children
> tf=category,sku
> ml=15
>

> This search does not work:
>
> fi=merchandising
> sf=featured
> se=sale
> su=yes
> tf=products:category
>

> Does someone know how to do an advanced search on another table -- ie, the
> merchandising table -- and be able to sort on a field that is products?

Nothing IC can do here -- we can't repeal the laws of physics.
The in-page sort isn't *that* bad -- its deficiency is that it
has to access the database again for every item you want to sort.
If you aren't sorting a thousand things there is no problem.

You should really do a SQL [query ....] to solve this.

--
Mike Heins
phone +1.513.523.7621      <mike@perusion.com>

Be patient. God isn't finished with me yet.  -- unknown