[ic] how to turn off session id use only cookies

Kevin Walsh interchange-users@icdevgroup.org
Wed Sep 4 23:20:01 2002

> I am using mod_interchange and my urls do not have the ?, for example:
>
> http://store.subcultural.com/subcultural/scan/fi=products/st=db/co=1/sf=prod
> _group/se=dresses/op=re etc...
>
> I don't know if the search engines barf on equals signs, but if not,
> mod_interchange is really easy to install.

Mod_interchange usage is irrelevant here.  Every link from the first
page you visit will have a '?', followed by the session ID argument.

If your browser accepts and returns session cookies then subsequent
pages will not have the session ID argument (if the mv_no_session_id
scratch variable is set, of course).

If you switch off session cookie support then every internal link to
every page will have a session ID argument.