[ic] how to turn off session id use only cookies

Bill Carr interchange-users@icdevgroup.org
Thu Sep 5 07:34:03 2002

On Wed, 2002-09-04 at 23:03, mike@perusion.com wrote:
> Quoting Dan Browning (dbml@kavod.com):
> > >
> > >     I am using mod_interchange and my urls do not have the ?, for example:
> > >
> > >http://store.subcultural.com/subcultural/scan/fi=products/st=db/co=1/sf=prod
> > >_group/se=dresses/op=re etc...
> >
> > Thanks for the suggestion!  But actually, mod_interchange doesn't really
> > address the issue.  You'll notice that the "?id=..." is there on all the
> > links the very first page load (first time you open
> > store.subcultural.com).  However, if the user has cookies, it is dropped
> > from all the rest.
> >

> IC 4.9 does address this issue with an mv_tmp_session that never
> writes the session to disk and never issues an ID or mv_pc. I will
> look at enhancing that as we go along....
I would also be grateful for the ability to suppress sessions for the
purpose of my load balancer. I would like the load balancer to check for
a response from an IC page. That way it would take a real server out of
the pool if IC is down. I had it set up like this before but too many
session files were being generated. I run in UNIX mode.

--
Bill Carr
Worldwide Impact