[ic] locale: decimals truncated

interchange-users@icdevgroup.org interchange-users@icdevgroup.org
Thu Sep 5 10:20:01 2002

Quoting Alessandro Scudieri (Scudieri@openinformatica.it):

> > Then put the price data back to N.NN and try these as your last lines:
> >
> > Locale          it_IT
> > Locale          en_US
> > Locale          it_IT default 1
> Ok, with this, and "." in decimals, all currency values are displayed
> properly and the default locale is italian. But... why ic doesn't read the
> "default" row in locale.txt ?

It does, but you did this *last*. The problem is that the special:

    Locale  it_IT

sets the actual *system* locale. That changes Perl's settings, and
Interchange can't do a darned thing about it without really doing
risky things in the way of number formats.

--
Mike Heins
phone +1.513.523.7621      <mike@perusion.com>

-- Wernher Von Braun