[ic] Database range-lookup question, CommonAdjust?

Barry Treahy, Jr. interchange-users@icdevgroup.org
Thu Sep 5 16:31:00 2002

Interchange user wrote:

>This may be a MySQL question; I'm not sure, but someone could save me
>countless hours of searching and frustration if they could answer this for me:
>
>I have a custom shipping routine that currently does a lookup into a MySQL
>database table and gets a price for an exact weight.
>
>I want to make a change so that the exact weight of the items can be used to
>make a range lookup in the table, for example:
>
>weight	zone1
>
>60	0.27
>100	0.41
>150	0.57
>200	0.72
>
>A weight of 1 to 60 costs 0.27, a weight of 61 to 100 costs 0.41, and so on.
>
>Can Interchange's 'CommonAdjust' feature be used for this? If so, how?

I believe your are mixing apples and oranges as CommonAdjust is for
product pricing.  I believe what you want to do is already built in with
the use of the shipping.asc file which allows pricing based on quantity,
value, or weight...  I'd encourage you to take a look at that file, I
believe that's where you want to start looking first...

Barry

--

Barry Treahy, Jr  *  Midwest Microwave  *  Vice President & CIO

E-mail: Treahy@mmaz.com * Phone: 480/314-1320 * FAX: 480/661-7028