[ic] XLS multi-table EXPORT 255 char limit issue.

interchange-users@icdevgroup.org interchange-users@icdevgroup.org
Thu Sep 5 17:54:01 2002

Quoting Reid Sutherland (reid-ic@thirddimension.net):
> Hi,
>
> When I use the multi-table export to XLS feature in IC, any comment
> field over 255 chars gets truncated and replaced with high-ASCII chars.
>   Now I read a thread about this issue, but it didn't explain much about
> a fix.  I've check my version of Spreadsheet::WriteExcel and it does
> support Excel 97+.  I've also tried messing with some of the default
> values of 255 and moving them to higher numbers, but nothing seems to
> resolve it.

Didn't you see the box on the right-hand side which allows you to
go up to 16384?

--
Mike Heins
phone +1.513.523.7621      <mike@perusion.com>

relations, for Nature cannot be fooled. -- Dick Feynman