[ic] PREFIX-param behaviours

interchange-users@icdevgroup.org interchange-users@icdevgroup.org
Thu Sep 5 18:18:03 2002

Quoting Dan Browning (dbml@kavod.com):
> At 12:26 AM 9/6/2002 +0300, you wrote:
> >Hi,
> >
> >I have a joined query ([query prefix="foo" list=1 sql="..."], and I use for
> >some of my select fields the tablename.fieldname reference. When I then want
> >to use that value with [foo-param tablename.fieldname] I get an empty value.
> >
> >Is this a normal behaviour, or did I screw up something somehow?
> >
> >Regards, Rene
>
> [Should make it into the FAQ sometime]
>
> tablename.fieldname notation isn't supported by Interchange, use:
>
> SELECT
>          table_a.field AS table_a_field
>          table_b.field AS table_b_field

Slight correction. It would be supported by Interchange, but DBI doesn't
support it, so we can't.

Unless you select two column names that are identical from two different
tables, you don't need to bother with the "as" either. Just use the field
name.

--
Mike Heins
phone +1.513.523.7621      <mike@perusion.com>

I have a cop friend who thinks he ought be able to give a new ticket;
"too dumb for conditions".