[ic] Using convert-date to convert an integer into weekdays

interchange-users@icdevgroup.org interchange-users@icdevgroup.org
Thu Sep 5 18:21:02 2002

Quoting Rene Hertell (interchange-users@hertell.com):
> > You have to do [setlocale name=fi_FI persist=1]. I think perhaps
> > you can also do:
> >
> > 	[convert-date locale=fi_FI fmt="%a"][/convert-date]
>
> Unfortunately this does not work for me.. :(
>
> Somehow I get with [convert-date locale=fi_FI fmt="%a"]1[/convert-date] the
> value ke, which means Wed(nesday). This value I get on two different servers
> (both running RH 7.2 with Perl 5.6.0), with IC 4.8.6

What do you mean it doesn't work? In strftime, %a means "the abbreviated
weekday name according to the current locale".

Since you are passing it "1", that means that Jan 1, 1970 must have
been a Wednesday. Or whatever 1 works out to....

--
Mike Heins
phone +1.513.523.7621      <mike@perusion.com>

I have a cop friend who thinks he ought be able to give a new ticket;
"too dumb for conditions".