(solution to) [ic] we're sorry... message

marc.brevoort interchange-users@icdevgroup.org
Fri Sep 6 08:15:04 2002

> Hey everyone-
>
> I've been searching the archives for this but I haven't managed to get a
> response.
>
> My store recently started giving me the "we're sorry, but the interchange
> server is unavailable" message, and I really can't see any reason for it.

The message is given in function server_not_running() in file tlink.c. This
function in turn is called when interchange fails to open a socket, which
happens if the permissions are not set properly or if the interchange server
is not running. (Unfortunately, the error reporting mechanism does not check
which of the two is true).

What ended up working for me was deleting the store and using makecat to
re-create it. In another post I read that using INET sockets vs. UNIX sockets
also can make a difference. After creating the catalog, remember to restart
the interchange server to apply the changes.

Regards,

Marc Brevoort