[ic] Credit card surcharge on Checkout.html

Christopher Van Oosterhout interchange-users@icdevgroup.org
Fri Sep 6 09:35:03 2002

I know that your question is technical in nature and not necessarily a
marketing and strategic question, but I thought you may be interested in
this bit of information.

Most credit card merchant agreements include specific provisions that
prohibit surcharges or extra fees or price tiers based on the use of their
credit card.  You may want to review your agreement with your credit card
provider.  In the past (this was years ago and in an off line setting) a
friend of mine came very, very close to loosing his merchant account over
this issue.

Just a though,

Christopher