[ic] Re: Credit card surcharge on Checkout.html

Nick Maguire interchange-users@icdevgroup.org
Fri Sep 6 12:39:04 2002

>Most credit card merchant agreements include specific provisions that
>prohibit surcharges or extra fees or price tiers based on the use of their
>credit card.

>>It's true.  However, they do allow you to increase *all* of your product
>>prices by 4.1%, and then offer a 4.1% discount for cash items.

Half the retailers in the UK are breaking their agreements then by issuing
minimum spend levels or incur a surcharge? For example Travel Agents who
charge a surcharge for cc use when you book a flight/holiday. I will read
into my Merchant Agreement. But taking Dans' comments into the equation
then, I blanket increase all my item prices by my cc surcharge then use the
following at the top of ord/checkout.html?

 [if value mv_payment eq credit]
        [discount ALL_ITEMS] $s * 1.00 [/discount]
 [else]
 [if value mv_payment eq po]
       [discount ALL_ITEMS] $s * 0.959 [/discount]
 [/else]
 [/if]

>> ...don't forget to reset the discount at the bottom of receipt.html:
>>
>>         [discount ALL_ITEMS][/discount]

May I ask why i need this tag in reciept.html?