[ic] [read-cookie] question

Barry Treahy, Jr. interchange-users@icdevgroup.org
Fri Sep 6 12:58:01 2002

Barry Treahy, Jr. wrote:

> The [set-cookie] ITL supports numerous parameters which control the
> definition of the cookie, in particular, the path and domain.  I have
> already set the site to support cookies for the entire domain but I'm
> seeing cookies defined with various path's which I find odd.  My
> question is related to the [read-cookie], however.  Is it safe to
> presume that the read-cookie, since it really has no documented
> parameters other than the cookie name, will return any cookie that
> matches on the name, regardless of the original path?
> If so, then how do I know which cookie will consistently be returned
> and of not, which is what I would expect, then how to I clearly
> identify which cookie for which path?  Is this simply an undocumented
> parameter?

A rudimentary 'Perl' question.  The [set-cookie] document refers to
itself as set-cookie and set_cookie but the Parse.pm only shows
set_cookie.  Is the underscore and hyphen INTERCHANGEable ? :-)  If so,
which is the better 'style?'

Barry

--

Barry Treahy, Jr  *  Midwest Microwave  *  Vice President & CIO

E-mail: Treahy@mmaz.com * Phone: 480/314-1320 * FAX: 480/661-7028