[ic] Re: UNSOLVED: Database range-lookup question, CommonAdjust?

Interchange user interchange-users@icdevgroup.org
Fri Sep 6 13:04:01 2002

On Thursday 05 September 2002 09:30 pm, you wrote:

> Interchange user wrote:
> >This may be a MySQL question; I'm not sure, but someone could save me
> >countless hours of searching and frustration if they could answer this for
> > me:
> >
> >I have a custom shipping routine that currently does a lookup into a MySQL
> >database table and gets a price for an exact weight.
> >
> >I want to make a change so that the exact weight of the items can be used
> > to make a range lookup in the table, for example:
> >
> >weight	zone1
> >
> >60	0.27
> >100	0.41
> >150	0.57
> >200	0.72
> >
> >A weight of 1 to 60 costs 0.27, a weight of 61 to 100 costs 0.41, and so
> > on.
> >
> >Can Interchange's 'CommonAdjust' feature be used for this? If so, how?
>
> I believe your are mixing apples and oranges as CommonAdjust is for
> product pricing.  I believe what you want to do is already built in with
> the use of the shipping.asc file which allows pricing based on quantity,
> value, or weight...  I'd encourage you to take a look at that file, I
> believe that's where you want to start looking first...
>
> Barry

Barry,

I wouldn't want to use shipping.asc for that, because there are loads of
weight ranges, and they need to be in a db table.

Someone has got to have done this.