[ic] Problem with multi-part forms and certain internet connections?

Ed LaFrance interchange-users@icdevgroup.org
Sun Sep 8 13:28:02 2002

At 12:56 PM 9/8/2002 -0400, you wrote:
>Quoting Ed LaFrance (edl@newmediaems.com):
> > Hi all -
> >
> > I have a client running IC 4.8.5 on a Slackware linux box (kernel 2.4.17)
> > with Apache 1.2.23. He was complaining he couldn't use certain functions,
> > both standard demo/UI features as well as customized ones I had written,
> > without getting internal server errors. Eventually I determined that he
> > could not post any forms which had the parameter
> > enctype="multipart/form-data" - that was what was causing the errors.
> > Regular forms and all other features worked fine.
> >
> > I could never reproduce the error at my office, but I have done so from
> > home, where I use a different internet connection (Cable at home vs DSL
> > from work).
> >
> > There is a corresponding IC error.log entry when the error occurs:
> >
> > (IP address) - - [08/September/2002:18:09:54 +0200] -
> > /cgi-bin/catname/admin/export_table.html CGI mapping error:
> > multipart/form-data sent incorrectly:
> >  > id=tAYeWdHo&mv_pc=523
> >
> > The apache error log just gives the "Premature end of script headers"
> error.
> >
> > Anyone have any ideas on this?
>
>If you have TolerateGet set to Yes, set it to No. If it still is a
>problem, try updating to 4.8.6 as I believe there was a bug fix somewhere
>in there.
>
>--

Mike - thanks, TolerateGet was it, and in fact it has crossed my mind right
after I posted the message, just hadn't tried it yet. The problem is that
we need it for a Relay-response payment system that the client is planning
to use. But I guess we'll deal with that when it becomes an issue.

- Ed L.

Increase profits from your Interchange store...
http://www.newmediaems.com/cgi-bin/nm/software_fus.html
(866) 519-4680 Toll-Free       (530) 622-9426 Fax