[ic] (no subject)

Jim Balcom interchange-users@icdevgroup.org
Sun Sep 8 18:26:02 2002

I've decided to change ISP's. The old one went bankrupt and the court sold
the assets to Beyond The Network. I am changing to a 768K DSL circuit from
dsl.net. Mainly because I don't need all of that bandwidth and mrtg tells me
that the 768K is more than enough.

In trying to find a dsl provider that is straight forward and doesn't want
to terminate my circuit if I should pass traffic that they don't approve of,
I found that it is VERY difficult to get a Class C installed. I have a full
Class C sitting on a T-1 that I will be dumping.

Rather than to abandon the T-1 and/or the Class C, I would like to see
someone get some use out of them.

One concept that I have is that an IC'er could set servers in my place (with
a nominal fee for rent) and take over the T-1 account ($899/month) and the
Class C (no additional charge) They would be billed directly by Beyond The
Network, and my only involvement would be to provide you with a parking
space your servers and to provide you with the occassional computer reset.

My facility is in a shopping center with stable power and high security
locks. I've been here for 12 years and security has never been a problem.
I've been providing co-location services for 10 years.

If someone knows of a way to transfer this Class C to your own facility I
will be happy to help you make the transfer - at no cost if you are running
IC on an active e-commerce site.

I know that the T-1 can't be transferred away from here. But, this is
already installed and operating and includes a Cisco 2600 series router.

Otherwise, if someone wants to buy a Cisco 2600 series router that is just
over 1 year old, make me an offer.

Anyone with ideas as to how I can put any of this stuff into a good home,
for a new life and career, please e-mail me.

-= Jim =-

                   .-.
                   /v\
                  // \\
                 /(   )\
                 ^^ - ^^
          > Phear the Penguin <
              L  I  N  U  X

Tagline for Sunday, September 08, 2002 at 18:05 PM:
That must be wonderful! I don't understand it at all.

This Linux System has been up 203 hours