[ic] Perl 5.8.0 + Interchange Clustering locking issues

Barry Treahy, Jr. interchange-users@icdevgroup.org
Mon Sep 9 00:37:02 2002

At 10:28 PM 7/27/2002 +0200, you wrote:
>>Dan Browning wrote:
>>>For fun, I was testing Perl 5.8.0 (default build options) on our
>>>Interchange cluster and found some file locking problems.  We'll be
>>>sticking with 5.6.1 for now, but I wanted to warn those who run clusters
>>>just in case they try it:
>>>x.x.x.x - - [27/July/2002:12:10:03 -0700] www11
>>>/cgi-bin/template/index.html Runtime error: Could not lock file:
>>>Interrupted system call
>>>It occurs even under very light loads, with MySQL sessions, and
>>>everything else shared over NFS3 (fcntl locks).  Perhaps it will be fixed
>>>in Perl 5.8.1...
>>
>>It this happens with TRAFFIC = low or high? Did you get such message with
>>TRAFFIC = rpc too?
>>

>Yes, I did get the error with high & rpc (even with MaxServers 0).

Our site went live this weekend we're not running in a cluster but we are seeing these errors too..

We're running 4.8.6 on RH 7.1 with Perl 5.8.0 and traffic is set at high where as at low, no errors
were reported...

Barry

--

Barry Treahy, Jr  *  Midwest Microwave  *  Vice President & CIO

E-mail: Treahy@mmaz.com * Phone: 480/314-1320 * FAX: 480/661-7028