[ic] Undefined catalog

Hector S. Mendoza Ortiz interchange-users@icdevgroup.org
Mon Sep 9 10:52:01 2002

Hello all... sorry to bother you all with this question, I've been
through manuals, mailing lists and saw several posible solutions and
checked them all, but nothing......

I have a brand new instalation of a server, a SPARC machine with Linux
Aurora rel 0.31 with interchange 4.8.6 and 4.9.2 (I've already tried
both). Instalations runs ok, makecat runs ok, I used foundation template
for my makecat. I can access all "customer" interfaces and most of the
admin interfaces.

When I access the "Design-Site Layout" and try to add ("+") a new
category I get a "Runtime error: Undefined catalog:
mv_session_id=uAnSbsY7\&ui_window_name=mainwindow\&mv_todo=return\&mv_nextpage=admin/layout\&ui_filter_class=\
&mv_click_map=Section_properties\&mv_click_Section_properties=\&mv_click_map=Sort_section_higher\
&mv_click_Sort_section_higher=\&mv_click_map=Sort_section_lower\&mv_click_Sort_section_lower=\
&mv_click_map=Create_section\&mv_click_Create_section=Create at
/export/interchange/lib/Vend/Server.pm line 182."

My catalog is located at http://puebla.acorp:8080/cgi-bin/codisa and
like I said, most of everything works fine, except certain areas, from
what I understood from the "Undefined catalog" error this means that my
definition is not correctly defined in the interchange.cfg or
catalog.cfg, I've checked it several times and nothing, removed,
recreated catalog, removed installation and reinstalled and still
nothing.....

What is most frustrating is that a lot of things DO work, but some other
don't, so the question is why does it recognize some things and some
others it doesnt.....  adding to this frustration, I installed the same
versions on a Redhat 7.3 on intel and it did work fine!

The only thing I'm leaning towards is the apache server, mabye there is
something different from the one from redhat and the one I downloaded
and compiled from apache.org.... is there a list of compilation options
for apache and interchange? do's and don't list?

Thanks for all the help!

Hector