[ic] Weird table upload problem....

Brian Kosick interchange-users@icdevgroup.org
Mon Sep 9 15:53:01 2002

Hello all,
         I've got a strange problem that I haven't encountered yet in IC
4.8.6 on a Quad Xeon RH7.3, perl 5.6.1, Postgres 7.2.1,
Bundle::InterchangeKitchenSink etc etc etc....

The CGI errors with the standard httpd error (internal server error) when I
try to import it via the Admin UI.  I can take the same file, FTP to the
server, remove products.sql, .autonumber. drop the products table and
indices from Postgres restart the server, and it'll recreate the table with
the new products without a problem....

Logs:
- Httpd error log states that there was a "premature end of script headers"
- Catalog error file logs nothing
- Interchange Error Log:  [09/September/2002:15:43:46 -0400] - - hammered
PID 12287 running 120 seconds
- ICDEBUG logs nothing
- Postgres logs look OK, (I can't find any errors)

I found a thread in the archives, about postgres 7.2.x errors on fields
that are longer than the definition, and that the previous versions, merely
truncated the field and moved on.  I checked my defs, and everything is
fine.  (mostly TEXT types, and price is numeric 8,2)

Anyone have any ideas?  I'm about to start bashing my head against the wall...

Brian Kosick
Web Programmer
New Age Consulting Service, Inc.
216-619-2000